Laser facial rejuvenation: types, performance, video, procedure
The laser is a device that converts thermal, electrical or light energy into radiation of high intensity. Under its action the skin is completely renewed, stimulates regeneration and microcirculation, aktiviziruyutsya metabolism in tissues, increasing the synthesis of structural connective tissue proteins collagen and elastin. Optimum temperature, power and depth of penetration of the laser beam selected by physician individually for each woman, depending on existing skin problems.
Procedure to improve skin color, remove pigmented spots, reduce or remove wrinkles and to smooth skin texture, tighten facial contours, improve the elasticity of skin, eliminate bags under the eyes, to remove the effects of acne. The indications for its implementation women can be:
- age after 30-40 years of age (for prophylaxis, slowing and correction of age changes of the skin);
- spider veins (rosacea);
- wrinkles (nose, lip, crow's feet, between eyebrows);
- the decrease in turgor of the skin;
- dark circles under the eyes;
- acne, scars after acne;
- the spots and signs of photoaging.
Interesting: Laser resurfacing is used as an auxiliary method to improve the results of plastic surgery of the face.
Types of laser rejuvenation
Used in cosmetics, several types of laser resurfacing, which differ in the depth and nature of the impact and range of problems to be solved. These include:
- Fraction ablative rejuvenation. Affects the upper dermis, destroying the dead and unhealthy cells, stimulates the regeneration and development of healthy new cells, eliminates spot imperfections. Shows signs age-related changes on the face, photodegradation, loss of elasticity, deep wrinkles. Has a mild and gentle effect, the penetration depth of the laser beam - up to 1.5 mm, the beams have a direction in the form of a grid.
- Laser biorevitalization ("biorevitalization cold laser"). The procedure involves the introduction into the deeper layers of the skin preparations of low molecular weight hyaluronic acid and collagen, which are pre-applied to the skin in gel form, under the influence of low-intensionem radiation. Whereas there is no significant tissue heating, the temperature rises only 1°C, no damage of cells, pain and discomfort. Indicated for scars and wrinkles, dryness and tightness of the skin to improve the appearance of the face and prevention of age-related changes.
- Non-ablative laser rejuvenation. The impact of long deep penetrating rays processed the entire skin surface completely, with no gaps. Under the action of heat shock stimulates the natural processes of aging and tissue regeneration, aktiviziruyutsya production of collagen. The procedure is quite traumatic, shown only in the case of face deep scars, severe acne, burn scars and consequences of other injuries, signs of irreversible age-related changes.
Depending on the nature of cosmetic defects and method for performing facial rejuvenation are used sapphirus, erbium, neodymium, diode or CO2 lasers. The depth of penetration effects may be superficial, middle and deep.
Preparation for the procedure
Preparing for laser rejuvenation starts with the consultation of the doctor-dermatologist or cosmetologist. He finds out what results he wants to achieve will study the peculiarities of her skin, pick up the optimal method of exposure and the number of sessions, talk about contraindications.
At least two weeks before the procedure to exclude the contact of the skin with solar radiation, high temperatures, chlorinated water, mechanical irritation. In the summer, when avoid contact with the sun is almost impossible, to protect the face from ultraviolet radiation need to apply special creams. Three days before the scheduled session, it is recommended to discontinue use of decorative cosmetics.
Important: the Success of laser resurfacing of the face and the likelihood of complications depends largely on the qualifications and experience of the specialist who conducts it, therefore, should be very carefully about his choice.
The features of the
The session lasts from 20 minutes to an hour depending on the area treated area and nature of the problem. The procedure is performed in the following order:
- Cleaning the skin by using scrubs or exfoliating.
- The application of the analgesic composition (if necessary).
- Sequential treatment of the skin with a laser.
- The application of the softening solution on the treated area.
When holding middle or superficial laser resurfacing uses a local anesthesia (cream) or to blow a stream of cold air. However, even with local anesthesia and a client have a number of unpleasant sensations: tingling, burning, pain.
Despite the fact that the visual changes skin for the better are already noticeable a few days after the first treatment, usually requires a course of 3-5 sessions that are conducted at intervals of every 1-2 months. Laser rejuvenation is characterized by the gradual build-up of positive results, so finally about its effectiveness judged in a few months. The duration of the obtained effect lasts from six months to 2-3 years depending on the type of procedure being performed and the individual characteristics of the organism.
The recovery period
After the laser rejuvenation facial skin needs special care. In the first days there is a pronounced redness, irritation and swelling, increased sensitivity. A woman may experience discomfort and tenderness in the laser-treated area. During the week it is forbidden to use the swimming pools, saunas, baths, to stay out of the sun or a sunbed, use makeup. In order to avoid infection of the skin wash your face you only need boiled water. To accelerate the regeneration processes of the injured area are encouraged to apply moisturizing and healing creams, ointments or sprays containing dexpanthenol, as well as disinfectants.
Useful are walks in the fresh air, taking vitamins, diet with restriction of salt and fluid. However, when you exit to the street should be applied on the skin sunscreen with the highest SPF value that is explained by the strong increase in sensitivity to ultraviolet radiation and high risk of hyperpigmentation.
The duration and severity of the rehabilitation period is determined by the size of the workpiece face, the intensity and depth of impact. Usually the recovery process takes up to two weeks. During this period the destroyed cells of the epidermis exfoliate, and in their place appear new.
Laser resurfacing is a fairly serious cosmetic procedure, which under adverse conditions may result in several complications. Among them:
- infection of the treated area, infection;
- headaches and dizziness (due to anesthesia);
- changes in the structure of the skin;
- increased pigmentation;
- small scars from the laser exposure;
- the appearance of the vascular network;
- allergic reaction (itching, rash).
These complications are usually due to non-compliance with recommendations for care of the face in the process of recovery or when performing a master with inadequate qualifications.
Laser rejuvenation is a stress to the body and has many contraindications, so not all women will be able to use this service. It cannot be the case:
- pregnancy and breast-feeding;
- the presence of inflammatory lesions in the presumed impact area;
- psoriasis and other skin diseases;
- herpes infection on the face;
- decompensated diabetes mellitus;
- the tendency to form keloid scars;
- severe forms of diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- diseases and disorders of blood clotting;
- mental disorders and pathologies of the Central nervous system;
- of low immunity;
- systemic diseases of connective tissue.
The procedure is contraindicated for women under 16 and over 60.